Thursday, April 7, 2011

Welcome to #WFLNCGLC11!

It’s here… the weekend that so many of us have been waiting for… it’s #WFLNCGLC11!!!! Did you ever think you could be so pumped up about a hash-tag with no vowels?? I bet you didn’t.
For those of you who have no idea what I’m talking about, for those of you who have never been here before, and for those of you who are just as excited as I am, let me welcome you to the West Fraternal Leadership and National Cultural Greek Leadership Conferences 2011. I’m excited and grateful you have all jumped on board this ship that’s about to set sail.
Let me introduce myself. My name is Cameron Blair Warner, I am a graduate student at The University of Texas at Austin, and a member of Beta Theta Pi. I am a graduate intern for #WFLNCGLC11, and will be serving with ten other rockstar interns and an unbelievable conference staff.

Graduate… what? Interns? Conference staff? The first time I came to this conference (back in 2007), I had no idea what a conference staff or intern was or what they did. If you’re like me you may be wondering the same, so let me tell what I do:
I’m here to help YOU!!

The conference staff have been planning this event for months, and together with the interns, have been training tirelessly to make #WFLNCGLC11 an enjoyable and valuable experience for you and your delegation. If you’ve had a great experience, or want to share something you’ve learned, shout it out! Sign your tweets with the #WFLNCGLC11 to grab our attention.
Today you’ll see our staff around the Hilton Orange County Costa Mesa in burnt orange shirts with silver name badges. If you have a question, don’t be afraid to get our attention and ask for assistance. Some of us will be spread throughout the hotel to help welcome you to Orange County and #WFLNCGLC11, while others will be tasked with specific duties like working the registration desk.
Oh hey, that reminds me! We’re trying our best to streamline the registration process for you so only one person from your delegation, either your Head Delegate or your Fraternity/Sorority Advisor, needs to check in your group. Please be patient with us; there are over 700 #WFLNCGLC11 attendees this year and we want to get you your information as quickly as possible so that you can enjoy the conferences!
The kick-off event of tonight starts at 7:30pm in the Pacific Ballroom on Level B2. I strongly encourage you to use the escalators and stairs to get down to the B2 Floor; with so many of us here at #WFLCNCGLC11, the elevators are bound to back up. After our general session, we’ll move in to our first Educational Programs, followed by the closing General Session at 10:45pm in the Pacific Ballroom. Look for me on stage as I introduce Wendi Fox tonight!
I hope you have a great time here at #WFLNCGLC11!! Stay tuned for tomorrow’s blog… I have a feeling that it’s going to have a lot of “FUN FUN FUN FUN” involved.

Cameron Blair Warner is a graduate student at the University of Texas Austin and a member of Beta Theta Pi Fraternity.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Great post Cameron!