Friday, May 18, 2012

Community

Inspiration! Community! Immersion! Change! Taking Action! And Roll Tide! These are the words that began my day. The one word that stuck out to me the most was COMMUNITY! The feel of the community here is so prevalent and know I understand how they are getting through the disaster that occurred. Everyone is so friendly and the southern comfort here is amazing. I felt the vibes from everyone in the community and the people we came with, it made me smile all day while I was working. I will never take anything for granted anymore and I will continue to grow and never plateau. Everyone we have met in the community and on this trip have inspired me even more to help out in community and throughout the world. I never really felt immersion or knew what it meant until this trip and I have realized that if you want to experience anything in life you need to immerse yourself to get the full understanding. AFLV and Tuscaloosa have changed my life for the better and made me a better person. I vow to continue to BE THE CHANGE in a positive way and live my values to the fullest each and every day. ROLL TIDE!!!

Anthony Castro graduates from California State University Northridge this spring, and is a member of Zeta Beta Tau Fraternity.

No comments: